POSSIBLE REASONS WHY I’VE REACHED THIS STAGE
- Weekend meals contain carbs
- Pre-menstrual cycle meals include carbs
- Too much dairy- I drink full cream milk ,eat full cream yogurt, cheese etc
- Not enough fat in my meals – its a high fat low carb lifestyle, the body should be using fats to burn fat.
- I haven’t been hitting the gym as much as I used to.
- I recently started drinking coffee which could lead to stalling of weight-loss
- STRESS. work plus school plus master-guide training plus driving myself for the first time to work (trust me anxiety all the time).
I decided to get some help from a seasoned banter Banting foodie and she advised me to do one of the following to get out of this plateau:
- Stop cheating or having carbs. Comply 100% with the Banting lifestyle for a set period and see if it will cause a difference.
- 3 days water only fast- the fast will prompt the body to go into a deep level of ketosis and re-ignite weight loss .
- Cut down on dairy. it Dairy contains a lot of protein and 5% carbs which via (gluconeogenesis) turn into glucose in the body.
Now I don’t know which of the above I’ll do but trust me one of them has to occur soon to get me out of this ditch I feel I’m in. Next post will be about how OR if i manged to get out of the plateau. Comment below on how you’ve managed to get out of a plateau or any advise you have for the home girl.